104 replies to this topic

#41 JTninja

JTninja

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 03:29 PM

Is the Lola B4 the Lola B05/40?

View PostBruce Fisher, on Dec 27 2009, 11:17 AM, said:

- engines dying - if it's a consistent problem, let us know - it's either your style or a problem.  Remember, there will be occasional engine failures that are no fault of the driver, it's the way rfactor is written.  However if it happens a lot to you - you could be downshifting too quick causing the engine to overrev, or you have rev limiter set wrong, or temps, or there is a problem.

Not sure if it matters, but when running these cars offline, theres always certain makes that "blow up" (like the Audi, Peugeot, Ford GT).

Radiator settings help. Some only need 1 to run good, while others need more (one of the Pescas need more, Ill find out which one tomorrow).
-JT Tami

Goodbye GT1 Corvette!

#42 laloha

laloha

• ADC
  • 506 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:14 PM

Lola Mazda P2,

198 with wgs 5 / 11.  Car feels great and controls fine just can't make consistent if ever it seems the right hands after Mulsanne and after the Indy complex heading towards the final complex.

Not the same for all cars of course. Have tried others but little to offer unfortunatley. Corner trouble on all so it's me not the Mod. Some are more fun and seem to offer more stability in the twisties than others but of course setup knowledge would be a great help.  Seems I am having more trouble getting a handle on the setup of these cars more so than the last Mod version. Hope it isn't going to be over my head for ever.

Just doughnuts and very discouraging. Can't find the answer, and when I do make it I must loose 2 or more seconds.

Well, will be down for our leave of absence on a sort of vac.

Hope to see you when we return,

Thanks again to all, and Happy New Year everyone,

Larry
Larry Hansen

#43 Chris

Chris

• GPLVOR
  • 372 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:44 PM

View PostJTninja, on Dec 27 2009, 03:29 PM, said:

Not sure if it matters, but when running these cars offline, theres always certain makes that "blow up" (like the Audi, Peugeot, Ford GT).

I think it matters (whether you're online or you're offline).  If each of the makes haven't been given individual default/AI setups, they may be defaulting to one which a handful of them probably don't like.
Chris Chappell

proudly sponsored by Cannon Simulation Technologies

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#44 Bruce Fisher

Bruce Fisher

• VOR Admins
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:51 PM

anybody able to load the zytek?  I got an error on my machine...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 doval

doval

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:52 PM

I have not had a  problem, I only ran it once though...I will try it again in a little while.

Chuck

Edited by doval, 27 December 2009 - 07:08 PM.

Chuck

Posted ImagePosted Image

#46 GAb

GAb

• GPLVOR
  • 292 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:54 PM

Earlier, my rFactor locked up when Drew entered with the Zytek. I wasn't able to rejoin the server (stuck at track loading screen) until he exited and joined with another car.
Garth Buchanan

Posted Image

Posted Image

#47 Bruce Fisher

Bruce Fisher

• VOR Admins
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:25 PM

also - several lolas show as P1s in the rfactor timing screen (simple VEH file error)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 TimCollier

TimCollier

Champion Motorsports

• VOR Admins
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:53 PM

View PostBruce Fisher, on Dec 27 2009, 07:25 PM, said:

also - several lolas show as P1s in the rfactor timing screen (simple VEH file error)

It's actually an error with the upgrade file for the LolaB0880, and I'll get that corrected in the next update following feedback from tomorrow night's event. :)
Tim Collier - Champion Motorsports

Co-Developer ILMS 2010 Mod

#49 JETninja

JETninja

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:02 PM

ok, wrote this the other day but that thread got moved.

Mazda P2 Rotary

Not much P driving in awhile so I'm no expert...but engine braking seems a bit too high. And I don't mean on just down shifting, I'm well versed on Blipping the throttle on downshifts so not much issue there.....I did a test - I can be in 1st gear and accelerate a bit (no wheel spin) then let off the gas and turn at the same time...and the Mazda would spin out. I know my track modded M3 is not the same thing, but its not that far off and I can't do that, and I don't think these cars on Slicks (at least warm ones) would either. Specially with the much higher 1st gear then a street car. (less mech advantage)  Maybe in the Wet, but not in the dry.
John Tami

The Alfa of Andrea de Cesaris - one of the most feared chicanes in the mid-80s.

[Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#50 Mike Hirsch

Mike Hirsch

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:29 PM

Bruce I was on earlier with the Zytek and all seemed fine. I was running in DX8.
As Ive mentioned to several drivers for me in DX9  the p1,2 closed cockpit windows are not see through on the spinner or on track in exterior view. The exception being the 908 is ok in DX9.   All P1,2 car  windscreens are ok in DX8.   DX7 resulted in too many errors to try loading large amounts of cars.

Two P1 lolas will not load without errors .
Lola B1 AER P1 test team     Lola B1 Judd P1 test team  This happens in DX7,8,9

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 Bruce Fisher

Bruce Fisher

• VOR Admins
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:30 PM

View PostJETninja, on Dec 27 2009, 11:02 PM, said:

Not much P driving in awhile so I'm no expert...but engine braking seems a bit too high.

Did you adjust the engine braking settings?  Remember, the default is not necessarily correct
Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 scottcalif

scottcalif

Scott Arrington

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:39 PM

Ive always heard the Champcar drivers say a finely tuned race car handles like crap at slow speeds because the downforce isn"t really working until you reach speeds in excess of 100mph.Plus throw in the fact that this is Lemans and were all seeing how much we can trim the DF out and still get around the twisty sections.Keep your foot on the brake pedal as your entering the turn all the way to the apex if you have to,thats how you need to balance a car has no grip at slower speeds.I know its not as easy as brake really hard,downshift violently lol spot the apex, release the brakes and hammer down.These cars are actually really easy to drive, you obivously have to work alot on the setup to get it there with low DF because like someone else posted a few days ago there isn"t any defaults established yet for this version were driving now so don"t expect the car to be good strait off the trailor haha.

Scott
Posted Image

#53 JETninja

JETninja

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:34 PM

View PostBruce Fisher, on Dec 27 2009, 07:30 PM, said:

Did you adjust the engine braking settings?  Remember, the default is not necessarily correct

No, I did not....I'll look into that. Thanks!
John Tami

The Alfa of Andrea de Cesaris - one of the most feared chicanes in the mid-80s.

[Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#54 Jon Backof

Jon Backof

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:45 PM

View PostBruce Fisher, on Dec 27 2009, 06:51 PM, said:

anybody able to load the zytek?  I got an error on my machine...
No I get a few errors on it when I tried to load it last week when I downloaded it (been gone visiting family in Houston). I will look again tomorrow...

#55 GAb

GAb

• GPLVOR
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:38 AM

John and I were on the server just now, and every time I left in the Radical AER he CTD'd while driving the Spyder.

Twice.

Edited by GAb, 28 December 2009 - 01:38 AM.

Garth Buchanan

Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 James Walker

James Walker

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:08 AM

After trying all of the cars offline I thought I would go 'old skool' with the Porsche as I thought it would be neglected with all those shiny new ones to try.

i've attached the setup that I'll run.  With trial and error (and a few tips from Garth) I managed to get it a bit more stable in the two slow turns.  It'll still spin out but it's a bit more predictable.  Running 4/10 wings and it'll (eventually) hit 317km/h with a couple of revs to go if you get a slipstream.  Seems to bottom out through one of the turns so still some work to do.

As Garth mentioned, we were the only 2 people on the server and every time he left I got a CTD.  Not to the spinner, straight to desktop.  This happened 3 times, approx 5 second delay them boom.  Garth was in the Radical AER, I'm in the Porsche.

Looking forward to tomorrows race, I might even join you guys on Teamspeak!

James

Attached Files

Please support the loyal workers of Johnnie Walkers Whisky in Kilmarnock & sign the petition

http://www.keepjohnn...nkilmarnock.com

Posted Image

#57 Jimmi Allison

Jimmi Allison

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:42 AM

I had a CTD last night - we were 5 or 6 on. I remember Rick, Gregg M and Drew - I think there were a Zytek on.

Without any reason it just closed on me  :unsure:
Jimmi Allison
US Pits Racing

#58 JTninja

JTninja

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:10 AM

Bruce and everyone else!

You will get errors with the Zytek if you run DX7. It was like this with the Lola B08s in the early stages of the Beta. The Zyteks been this way since the early stages of the beta. Rob M knows about it, and should be working on the fix. If everyone runs DX9 or DX8, there will be no issues with the Zytek, though people like me, prefer DX7.

As Mike said, the Lola B1 is also having errors, though with all DX's.
-JT Tami

Goodbye GT1 Corvette!

#59 Jimmi Allison

Jimmi Allison

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:46 AM

Im running DX9 - wonder why i had that CTD - just restarted rF and it was working.
Jimmi Allison
US Pits Racing

#60 BoniPiket

BoniPiket

• Mybroga
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Tennis, Music, Racing Simulators

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:48 AM

I m having this issue with the Zytek since I first joinned this track.
I see many are having it...
I can only race with DX7 due to FPS issues - with DX8 or 9 its value drops deeply...
Many of us run on DX7, so it should be fine to take a closer look at this issue...

After Bruces Dec 24th patch all those g2motors errors log I was having disapeared, so I think this patch solved this problem.
GLA to all tonite - I wont be able to make it, still waiting for my new driving wheel!
Have fun!
Posted Image
Luiz De Boni

Sim Racing Links