Preseason Testing

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#21 Ryan Mayfield

Ryan Mayfield

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:41 AM

Thanks for the info Tim. What about the wear rates for the engine? are they staying the same or will they follow a linear scale similar to the brakes?

P.S. give Mike our thanks for the setups. :)

Edited by Ryan Mayfield, 16 December 2009 - 07:42 AM.

#22 TimCollier

TimCollier

Champion Motorsports

• VOR Admins
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:32 AM

View PostRyan Mayfield, on Dec 16 2009, 07:41 AM, said:

Thanks for the info Tim. What about the wear rates for the engine? are they staying the same or will they follow a linear scale similar to the brakes?

P.S. give Mike our thanks for the setups. :)

I did forget to mention that....

Yes, at each package level, the default lifetime minutes and random variable are extended to the package life intended.
Tim Collier - Champion Motorsports

Co-Developer ILMS 2010 Mod

#23 tomas

tomas

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:chemistry<br />SIM racing - rFactor + SIDLM!<br />music - progressive rock<br />vinyl's<br />keyboards - synthesisers + hammonds<br />web design - Fl + Fw + Dw + PS<br />FSX<br />basketball

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:33 PM

great modifications!
the BMW is almost another car! much more stable! and faster at high speed corners!
Great job :bowdown:
VOR Driver, Tomas Manrique

#24 TimCollier

TimCollier

Champion Motorsports

• VOR Admins
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:01 AM

View Posttomas, on Dec 16 2009, 06:33 PM, said:

great modifications!
the BMW is almost another car! much more stable! and faster at high speed corners!
Great job :bowdown:

That's great to hear Tomas....I hope everyone finds all of the cars the same way.

#25 Jimmi Allison

Jimmi Allison

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:25 AM

Havent tried the M3, but F430 has deffinatly been improved. Even i can drive the F430 (never been my kinda car) Still snaps on me from time to time, might be me shifting down to fast or maybe the brakes heating up...idk
Will test the other GT´s today :)

Anything we should look at? - brakewear?
Jimmi Allison
US Pits Racing

#26 Bruce Fisher

Bruce Fisher

• VOR Admins
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:55 PM

Looking for:
- balance between cars, any too good/too bad?  If so, try them at another track before drawing conclusions.  We expect to have more variation based on track types than before

- durability - brake wear, engine wear (occasional engine failure should happen, but not too many, etc).

- setup issues - everything work as expected, etc.

- graphic issues - any issues

Assuming we are good to go, we should start the same process on prototypes very soon.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 GAb

GAb

• GPLVOR
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:44 PM

I'm still having the same issue with the 430.

I was playing with a Coast diff of 75% last night, which helped a lot, but the car sensation in teh wheel felt strange, almost backwards in corners. The softer clutch helps a bit as well. With all this, I still get the rear end wanting to come around on me. It tends to happen more so when barely on throttle while turning in (no brake).
Garth Buchanan

proudly sponsored by Cannon Simulation Technologies

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 Wyatt Gooden

Wyatt Gooden

• Mybroga
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:45 PM

I'll run the Ferrari on Monday and post whatever settings I come up with before then. GAB, I did a couple laps earlier in the F430 what I found to help with that was making the rear end a little softer, that seemed to help the back end become more predictable under braking. Less rear spring, reduce packers a bit and raise ride height a tad. Just make sure it's not bottoming out.

12/21/09 Race
- 75 minute race (standing start, formation lap) at Road America
- Server set to normal tire and fuel wear
- Mechanical wear set to 10x. Use a 12 hour endurance package.
- Qual at 9:15pm EST, 15 minutes
- Race start at approximately 9:35 EST
- I am going to try to put together Daytona for this test Monday since it's a harder test on the brakes. Watch for a track update soon.
Does this mean tentatively we are running Road America but that might change to Dulltona before Monday? I'm sure you know RA is pretty well known for being one of the hardest tracks on brakes. :)
Race drivers exist in a world that is measured in fractions of seconds...decisions that could be the difference between life and death, are made in the blink of an eye...you do not allow yourself to be held to ransom by emotions, especially fear.

#29 Ha Maha

Ha Maha

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:58 PM

Hí Bruce, and guys.

Somenthing is wrong whit Viper.

He can't live out the pit.

Plz, somebody did tryng run whit  Viper?

Thx. Hélcio Aguirra.

#30 TimCollier

TimCollier

Champion Motorsports

• VOR Admins
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:02 PM

View PostHa Maha, on Dec 17 2009, 02:58 PM, said:

Hí Bruce, and guys.

Somenthing is wrong whit Viper.

He can't live out the pit.

Plz, somebody did tryng run whit  Viper?

Thx. Hélcio Aguirra.

I made a mistake and posted the wrong files for some of the cars guys, I'm very sorry.  I will look at them now.

Sorry.

EDIT:  I'm attaching the corrected file.  Sorry again everyone.....this is for the Viper ONLY!  Drop into the Gamedata/Vehicles/ILMS_Phoenix/ViperGT folder

Attached Files

#31 TimCollier

TimCollier

Champion Motorsports

• VOR Admins
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:12 PM

View PostWyatt Gooden, on Dec 17 2009, 02:45 PM, said:

I'll run the Ferrari on Monday and post whatever settings I come up with before then. GAB, I did a couple laps earlier in the F430 what I found to help with that was making the rear end a little softer, that seemed to help the back end become more predictable under braking. Less rear spring, reduce packers a bit and raise ride height a tad. Just make sure it's not bottoming out.

Does this mean tentatively we are running Road America but that might change to Dulltona before Monday? I'm sure you know RA is pretty well known for being one of the hardest tracks on brakes. :)

Dulltona?  Those are fighting words!!  :D

Can't wait to see what you come up with Wyatt....or should I call you Mr. VW? :)

#32 GAb

GAb

• GPLVOR
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:56 PM

View PostWyatt Gooden, on Dec 17 2009, 12:45 PM, said:

Thanks bud, but once I moved the brake bias up and turned preasure down to 85ish %, I had no issues in teh brake zone. The issues I was discussing above are on initial turn in, off teh brakes, and slightly on teh accel.
Garth Buchanan

proudly sponsored by Cannon Simulation Technologies

Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 john jogan

john jogan

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:09 PM

for some reason, i now have to run the brake vents at 2 to keep any kind of heat in the brakes.  this was on the ferrari and the beemer both with the 12 hour package and the sprint package.  they start out cold at 80* F.  i can get em up to around 800* F at the end of the two long straights at road america.  they then cool down to under 200*F by the beginning of the next braking zone.  before, i would have to keep the brake vent at 8 or 9 to keep the temps in check.  if this is like the tire temps, where the previous versions' optimum temps don't crossover to the new version, then it's not an issue.
Posted Image                     practice, fool

#34 Bruce Fisher

Bruce Fisher

• VOR Admins
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:36 PM

Server has been updated with the Viper HDV file.

We're sticking with RA this week... we have real life data and as noted, it's pretty hard on brakes as well :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 BoniPiket

BoniPiket

• Mybroga
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Tennis, Music, Racing Simulators

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:32 PM

BMW.hdv Mismatch?
...weird...anyone with this?..did I miss somethiNg?
Got all patches, Viper patch...etc...
:withstupid:
Posted Image
Luiz De Boni

#36 Pawel Korbel

Pawel Korbel

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:49 PM

Hi Terry F, how did you get to 2.08.7xx with F430, soft tires low fuel?  Or you found something sweet setup wise?  can you share?  I got my best time with meds and full fuel.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Drew McLean

Drew McLean

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:59 AM

I had to go to the endurance league downloads to get the mismatch to go away. I tryed everything here lol. Hope it helps.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 BoniPiket

BoniPiket

• Mybroga
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Tennis, Music, Racing Simulators

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:20 AM

View PostDrew McLean, on Dec 18 2009, 12:59 AM, said:

I had to go to the endurance league downloads to get the mismatch to go away. I tryed everything here lol. Hope it helps.
...damn...I think that´s it Drew...seems we´ll be running the endurance package...I´ll try tonite, THANKS!

Edited by BoniPiket, 18 December 2009 - 06:20 AM.

Posted Image
Luiz De Boni

#39 Terry Fisher

Terry Fisher

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:Racing,anything that has an engine.<br />[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/Fisher_Racing/images.jpg[/IMG]

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:24 AM

View PostPawel Korbel, on Dec 17 2009, 10:49 PM, said:

Hi Terry F, how did you get to 2.08.7xx with F430, soft tires low fuel?  Or you found something sweet setup wise?  can you share?  I got my best time with meds and full fuel.

Garth B gave me a little help with a set that works.  :thumbup:
I cant seem to get the tires up to temps so I tried the LM hard tires.They work better.
How long they last will be found out after more testing.

Edited by Terry Fisher, 18 December 2009 - 06:25 AM.

#40 Bruce Fisher

Bruce Fisher

• VOR Admins
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:34 AM

I know a couple people are having mismatch issues - I will make a complete package post later today (all patches already included, etc).
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sim Racing Links