• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Mark Casey

Mark Casey

Mr. Nobody

• ADC
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:09 PM

Whoa!! Excellent Bernd...I already had most of the brake marks but the one,two on the main straight was the doozy would never thought of that one hehe.
O.K. I'm really lookin' forward to the Nurby masterclass hehe.

Edited by Mark Casey, 31 March 2006 - 06:12 PM.

O.K. John. So...when ARE we gonna cut and run??

#22 Steelman

Steelman

• ADC
  • 982 posts
  • Interests:GPL ( natch).online and offline racing. Music(playing pedal steel guitar)..Fly Fishing and Fly Tying. Model Railroading ( currently in HO Fine Scale)<br />and stirring my Aussie mates :)

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:54 PM

Mark ...did you mean Nurby?  or  Nerdy ??? :rasp:

Glyn  ( a great  :gpler: .............................in his own mind  :rolleyes: )
Posted Image

Start of GPLRank     + 195.697
UPDATED Sept.22-07 +124.972  Coming down slowly :)
Updated May 14th 2008   +121.852

( The hurrider I goes the behinder I gets )

#23 BurtAugust

BurtAugust

• ADC
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:58 PM

Nice lesson.  Had to move the brake bias way forward but after reviewing the lesson I knocked two second off by best. Only 3 more seconds to go.

#24 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

Albino

• Admin
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 11:59 PM

Burt, if you don't mind can you upload the replay or can you send me the replay ?
Email (if you wish) bernd@wg-ruhrort.de

But two seconds is a good start  :thumbup:
ADC FAQ
Bob Simpsons FAQ
Duisburg Ruhrort, Germany

#25 BurtAugust

BurtAugust

• ADC
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:22 AM

Bernd Nowak, on Apr 3 2006, 12:59 AM, said:

Burt, if you don't mind can you upload the replay or can you send me the replay ?
Email (if you wish) bernd@wg-ruhrort.de

But two seconds is a good start  :thumbup:

View Post

I will send you the my hotlap replay later today.

BTW; why do you prefer the brake bias @ 50 ?  I find it easy to spin or at least get somewhat sideways under braking with it set so far toward the back.

#26 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

• ADC
  • 1,235 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:38 AM

BurtAugust, on Apr 3 2006, 07:22 AM, said:

I will send you the my hotlap replay later today.

BTW; why do you prefer the brake bias @ 50 ?  I find it easy to spin or at least get somewhat sideways under braking with it set so far toward the back.

View Post

You can brake harder with it set to 50%. Any more forward for me, and I lock the front brakes. Usinf 50% is a setting that is also used when you use some throttle with your braking. Using throttle while you brake tends to push the front wheels. With a more rear bias brake it balances it back out.

A good setup is all about being balanced for all conditions. That's why everybody needs to make their own setup to suit how they drive. I have tried hundreds of setup made by others, and never once have used them untouched. I'll always adjust them to my style of driving.
Pete

President of the 0ld Farts Club.

#27 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

Albino

• Admin
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:49 AM

BurtAugust, on Apr 3 2006, 04:22 PM, said:

BTW; why do you prefer the brake bias @ 50 ?  I find it easy to spin or at least get somewhat sideways under braking with it set so far toward the back.

View Post

Burt, I used the long straights and braked hard and adjusted the brake bias for this setup to be the best to break without loosing control. Just try and move the slider back or forward until you're satisfied is my tip for this.
ADC FAQ
Bob Simpsons FAQ

#28 David Fletcher

David Fletcher

ADC Founder

• ADC Admins
  • 6,222 posts
  • Interests:SimRacing

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:38 AM

Burt, to be honest I've never been very comfortable with those near-50 settings myself. I always feel like the back end wants to come around. I know many of the drivers use that to their advantage, but for me I prefer to let the diff do that. As a result, my bias is usually set between 55-57. But it is certainly a matter of personal preference, so set it where you like.

Fletch
"In racing as in life, you're either in someone's way, or they're in yours..."

#29 laloha

laloha

• ADC
  • 506 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:21 PM

Bernd,

This is quality work and there aren't enough superlatives to express the appreciation of time and effort you have and are spending on this subject. Along with everything else you offer the GPL communities.

I have been away from the 67 mod for some time and it shows with very poor results. Will take some time to get back into it so that I can make the classes for sure.

Like Burt, and now I see Fletch, I feel the need to move the Brake bias towards the rear, more like 55 say. I just loose it entirely otherwise. I guess my question is how does one get the handle on these foward settings without the rear kissing the nose on all the turns. Are there settings in the "Options" menu or Game controller that are recommended? I have never been able to drive 67's unless I am at 55 to 57 brake bias it seems. I might expect it is my heavy foot pressure or pedals system. MOMO red package about 3 years old I think. Don't know how to feather either brake or throttle I guess.

I see you offer a suggestion. I wrote this and left it in the computer for awhile. Should have forgot it, except for my appreciation. You got to have that.

Will take time to iron these issues out for me and wonder if other folks can offer advice here as well.

Thanks again for everything,

Larry

Edited by laloha, 03 April 2006 - 03:25 PM.

Larry Hansen

#30 Jordan Sacks

Jordan Sacks

• ADC
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:My Miata, playing DOOM 3 on Xbox Live, the Chicago White Sox, putting stuff on my iPod.

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:48 PM

Great effort Bernd. I enjoyed the laps alot. Silver in the Eagle is my strongest trax and car. And I can't get it under 1:32. Probably 1:34 now. But I'll give it a shot with the training and see what I can do. Really really good effort.

#31 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

Albino

• Admin
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 12:08 AM

Brake bias again. I think that I apply a very little throttle when I brake. A habbit from my Alien setups like Andy Wilke.
But to be honest, the brake bias I use for many tracks is 50 -52/53 with a clear majority of 52.
I found it very strange that I had 50 with the default setup here but I was testing and watching in replay analayser and found that during the hard brakes my front locked to much.
I'm a left foot braker and can't do heel & toe on the computer.
Larry, there's no other setting. The only important thing is for me to go to the GPL calibration settings everytime I have restarted my PC.
ADC FAQ
Bob Simpsons FAQ

#32 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

Albino

• Admin
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 06:14 AM

Thanks to Keir we have a mirror and I have reuploaded the two files again. New links are available in the first post.
ADC FAQ
Bob Simpsons FAQ

#33 Phil Neville

Phil Neville

• ADC
  • 245 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:16 PM

This is fantastic, Bernd  :bowdown:

I've never looked at it before but I needed to find some consistency so I thought I'd give it a go...Did a 10 lap run afterwards and got my first 1:27 ever!! All this time I've been trying to brake way too late. Now my laps are much calmer and much quicker, I can't thank you enough  :)

Are you going to do anymore tracks?

#34 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

Albino

• Admin
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:29 AM

Yes but I had some problems finding time in the last weeks as this isn't that easy. First find a track and a setup which might be easy enough for most and then the most important thing building the replay with slow to fast + add the synchronisation.

But keep watching this.
ADC FAQ
Bob Simpsons FAQ

#35 Robert John

Robert John

• ADC
  • 739 posts
  • Interests:Sim-Racing..GPL, Firearms, Reloading, Military History, My Wiener Dog

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:46 PM

Thanks Bernd :)

Very nicely done. This helped me to beat the benchmark time :thumbup:

Also thanks to Keir   :beerchug:

peace

RJ

Edited by Robert John, 15 June 2006 - 06:48 PM.

#36 Phil Neville

Phil Neville

• ADC
  • 245 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:34 AM

As I was recommending this to everyone at last night's Americas Division race I thought I'd better check to see if the D/L links still work  :) ......they don't :(

#37 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

Albino

• Admin
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:27 AM

I have them at home and will upload them :)
ADC FAQ
Bob Simpsons FAQ

#38 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

Albino

• Admin
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:17 AM

Corrected and updated the rapidshare links in the first post.
ADC FAQ
Bob Simpsons FAQ

#39 Jim Carvalho

Jim Carvalho

• ADC
  • 4,094 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:27 AM

:clap: This is really well done, Bernd. Thank you for all the work, on this and many other projects. You make it very clear. Now my problem is figuring out how to get my hands and feet to cooperate on a consistent basis. :) Thanks for the suggestion, Phil.

Jim
"The best dividends on the labor invested have invariably come from seeking more knowledge rather than more power." Wilbur and Orville Wright.

#40 Sbart_uk

Sbart_uk

• ADC
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Formula Ford, Classic F1 oh and beer ;)

Posted 11 February 2007 - 04:58 AM

Would it be possible to upload them somewhere other than rapidshare Bernd?
I cant download from there.
I'd like to see how you've put it all together as i will be doing the same thing or at least very similar once i talk to Dave about it.
Remember, Sideways is the Way Forward

Sim Racing Links