7 replies to this topic

#1 David Fletcher

David Fletcher

ADC Founder

• ADC Admins
  • 6,220 posts
  • Interests:SimRacing

Posted 25 November 2006 - 12:20 PM

Sorry to say it, but the ADC team is out of the race. We've been DQ'd for ignoring a black flag penalty (speeding in the pitlane). Here's what happened:

Paul got started, and ran fine from what I could tell. He brought a good car in and exited. James and I were waiting, and as soon as Paul was out James tried to get in, to no avail. We were being indicated as 'retired'. I decided to try, and for some reason I was able to get in, cold and with no practice yet. Being a bit unprepared, I exceeded the speed limit while exiting the pits (61! mph). I was immediately warned by my pitcrew that I done the infraction, and had to serve a drive-through penalty without stopping. So I did that on the next lap. When I came around again, I was told again that I needed to stop. So I planned to come in the next time around. During the lap, I was needlessly and ruthlessly punted from behind entering the first chicane on Mulsanne. A brutal accident, but the car was still moveable, so I figured a full stop was in order. So I did that, and figured the penalty was served. Ended up with a pretty good car, just down 4 mph on the straights. As I came around again, I was again told that I was ignoring the penalty, and I better come in. During this lap, Claro (who I was talking to on Teamspeak) was talking with RaceControl, and it was being checked into. So I didn't come in the pits on the next lap, and it was when I crossed the S/F line that we got DQ'd. I then went to talk to "Sam" in Race Control, and he informed me that there was a server problem, and it was not clearing black flags; there was nothing I could have done. So at that point, we were out.

Guys, I'm sorry for the speeding, because if I hadn't have done it we may still be in. True, the server should have let me serve a penalty and let us continue, but if I hadn't done the infraction in the first place, we wouldn't have been in the situation to begin with. Sorry for that.:-(

I do want to thank Paul for doing a fine job in his first try at this thing, and to all of you for all of your efforts and patience leading up to this race. I'm just sorry that it didn't work out better. Next time...

Fletch
"In racing as in life, you're either in someone's way, or they're in yours..."

#2 Mark Casey

Mark Casey

Mr. Nobody

• ADC
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 12:27 PM

Bad luck everyone.
Was ready for a good time here too.
I guess next year it may be rFactor...full night/day effects and a simpler driver change-over?

Edited by Mark Casey, 25 November 2006 - 12:29 PM.

O.K. John. So...when ARE we gonna cut and run??

#3 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 01:40 PM

Damn. Sorry to hear that David. I noticed something weird was going on with your car, but did not know what really happened until now. Very sorry Sir.

You will have better luck next time for sure !!
AP

#4 Tom Studans

Tom Studans

• ADC
  • 313 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 02:14 PM

AARGH! That's it, next time I'm starting the car, seems like it's the only way I'm getting a drive. :P

#5 RaceFreek

RaceFreek

Chuck Curtis

• ADC
  • 380 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 06:35 PM

Hi guys The RC Motorsports 108 that I am driving for is still in the hunt 20 laps down in 19th place. About the black flag thing I am so sorry :( I had seen on the nrtv chat box that VTR1 had admin rights and cleared their own BF and I went to VB and mad a big stink about it and now the 78 cars team is doing race control so no more teams fall to this BF bug :) .

I hope to see you guys around soon in a GPL car. :)
Chuck
Anger is one leter short of Danger

#6 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 09:11 PM

To complete a bad night after seeing car #67 Dqed, AtlasF1 #22 got too much damage in the engine, so we are also out.
AP

#7 RaceFreek

RaceFreek

Chuck Curtis

• ADC
  • 380 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 10:40 PM

View PostArturo Pereira, on Nov 26 2006, 03:11 AM, said:

To complete a bad night after seeing car #67 Dqed, AtlasF1 #22 got too much damage in the engine, so we are also out.

Well we are just over half way and are still running :) We are right now 15th and there are 2 cars that are out of race in front of us. :)

Chuck

Well after 14hrs and 38 min we are out to a DQ for one of our drivers taking his anger out on another car. What a bonehead move that was. I get up at 3am to get in the car and we have a DQ next to our name in NRTV and I check email and there it is his explanation. what a bonehead (I would be using other words but this is a public forum) :angry:  :boid:  :claw:  :bash:  :ban:  :(

Chuck

Edited by RaceFreek, 26 November 2006 - 10:51 AM.

Anger is one leter short of Danger

#8 Mark Casey

Mark Casey

Mr. Nobody

• ADC
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 12:48 PM

View PostRaceFreek, on Nov 26 2006, 04:40 AM, said:

we are out to a DQ for one of our drivers taking his anger out on another car.
I'm surprised the authorities actually noticed...seemed to me to be normal practice last year hehe.
O.K. John. So...when ARE we gonna cut and run??

Sim Racing Links