8 replies to this topic

#1 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

Hi guys :)

As part of an unofficial practice, we will host the 1967 F1s at Michigan.

The Schedule for this event is as follows:

Practice: 30 minutes
Race: 45 laps, Int/long format, so SHIFT-Rs are allowed, no penalties.

Let´s meet at iGOR, "Atlas" chatroom at 18 GMT.

If there are enough volunteers, we can host a second practice. Format to be decided at the chatroom after the first session is finished.

Since this track is included in the oAo Schedule, feel free to invite any oAo member.

You can find setups and replays at this thread here:

http://forums.speedg...showtopic=37758

Edited by Arturo Pereira, 29 August 2014 - 03:35 PM.

AP

#2 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,241 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

I'll most certainly try to make it, Arturo.  TY for hosting!  :)

#3 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:14 PM

:)
AP

#4 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:08 AM

Race #1

GPLRA Race Report
http://grandprix.xs4...14.08.30.21.08/

Server Replay
http://grandprix.xs4...0.21.08.rpy.zip

Race #2

GPLRA Race Report
http://grandprix.xs4...14.08.30.22.04/

Server Replay
http://grandprix.xs4...0.22.04.rpy.zip

:)
AP

#5 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,241 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

I thought that the gig went off pretty well, Arturo.  I certainly learned a lot from each heat.  I'll be fitting wheel spacers for the race with the oAo to make it as hard as possible for the hotshots to lap me.  :)

BTW, cruel luck for you with the Ferrari mill at Kya.  You and I both lost engines.  :(

#6 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

Yes, both oval races were really fun, and they show the Eagles can be beaten with a bit of luck ;)

Sorry mate. I didn´t know you also lost your engine :(  And yes, Kya´s result was very dissapointing but we proved we are close :)
AP

#7 JMF

JMF

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:52 AM

Those starts worked pretty good. We probably ought to post to the oAo forum about this.

To clarify, I say these tracks have two turns not four. I cruised the first lap at approximately 115mph in second gear. I tried to floor it just as I was crossing the start-finish line.

Here's the modus operandi I would suggest for oAo. Have the starting positions at the normal place. Cruise the first 3/4 of a lap at 115mph. Then the leader slows to 100mph at the midpoint of turn 2. The leader then keeps a steady speed of 100mph until he floors it as he's crossing the start finish line. The reason I mention the slower speed is because I almost instantly had to shift the 3rd and the possibility of overrevving in 2nd is higher at 115 mph. I don't think having the starting positions on the back straight may be enough distance to get the cars into a good formation before reaching the line. 1 lap is plenty of distance though. From what I could see, it seemed we had a good formation. I think it helped that I kept an almost constant 115 mph through the pace lap. That seemed to give everybody enough time to figure out my speed and see that I was trying to keep it steady.

As Donnie mentioned, that was a shame about your engine failure Arturo. It was very strange. Your telltale wasn't reading excessively high and when the engine went it was at low rpms and seemed to be at a light throttle. I can't ever remember having a engine loss at any point but high in the rev range and usually when shifting.
Greg Taber

#8 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

AtlasF1 Legends League

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:54 PM

Those are quite valid points, Greg. As soon as the leader keeps his speed, there is enough time in a lap at 100mph or so to get a good formation for the start.

About the engine, that was probably my fault. We´ll see :)
AP

#9 col bentley

col bentley

• Members
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:45 PM

Those races were fun btw .... sorry forgot to post earlier.

The starts were perfect and maybe the eagles and lotus's can be beaten ..... just have to stay on thier tail until the last lap ;-) , methinks Art will know how to do it .... really nice lap in ferrari my friend ... had me worried there.

Regards Col

Sim Racing Links