• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 DrToothRacer

DrToothRacer

DrTooth

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:54 PM

But I also is getting older :whistling:(54 now) and many here are older :wiggle: so mabie it would be good to make the races somewhat shorter to get racers and to have power to get to the finnih line :weight_lift2:

#22 jbrando

jbrando

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:24 PM

I think the shorter races would be better also.Im not too keen on the long tracks,too time consuming to learn them and when you try different gearing and make changes to a set you have to go back to the pits and start the lap all over again.I would like to run the 66 and 65 cars in the championship and the gt.I don't know about how you guys feel about the the shift r rule but if you have to do a shif r you allready lost too much time and when someone runs into you and you have to stop at the pits you really don't feel like continuing.

#23 DrToothRacer

DrToothRacer

DrTooth

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

For me the best mods are the 69 cars, the CanAm71s and then the 67F2s, further down the 65s , then the GTs that have the dreadful breaks on bug that makes them terrible to drive, and by far the worst the 66 cars, that they in the final stint changed the physics to go totally wrong....

For me it is more demading to drive long track that I have to learn bit by bit and finaly can string together a full lap of speed. And as for the reset in the pits driving in pro mod is very frustrating to be out of a race after many laps of training, going into the pits gives you the chanse to carry on after a stop and go, much better!

Urban

#24 Mark Jones

Mark Jones

Never have I ever.

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:Er, racing.

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:59 AM

View PostDrToothRacer, on 28 April 2014 - 07:42 PM, said:

then the GTs that have the dreadful breaks on bug that makes them terrible to drive
I really disagree, I feel the GT cars with their extra weight and heft are terrific to drive.  Combine that with the fantastic historic tracks in GPL and it's a very special thing.  Unfortunately it seems to me the GT cars are going the way of the Thunder cars mod.
"Fortunately, I can swim." - Alberto Ascari (1955)

#25 Donnie Yourth

Donnie Yourth

• ADC Admins
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:28 AM

A move to shorter races would probably be welcome here although I haven't had any real issues with the current format except when the eyeballs break down due to excessive computer use earlier in the day.  There are times when the race rolls around that I can barely focus.

One thing that I'd like to bring up is a move to Pro Damage.  As I've stated a number of times before, I really dislike seeing members going into races with the idea of parting it up with a stop around half distance to refuel.  It just doesn't figure into an accurate portrayal of how the races were conducted in real life.  If you've been wondering why my participation in this season's events has been spotty(at best), now you know.  For example, I witnessed Urban's mid-race stop at the recent Mosport CanAm71 round.  It was outrageous!  If I were the admin and saw that, I would have DQ'd him.

#26 DrToothRacer

DrToothRacer

DrTooth

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:31 AM

Great to hear that Donnie :yahoo: We have had that Pro discusion many years ago, and it was droped becase this is a sim and you have to be able to reset during a race so you can finnish it, not getting wreced and out. We drive for fun not for frustration... :Eyecrazy:

So a reset in the pit is how we do it in this league :weight_lift2:

#27 Robert John

Robert John

• ADC
  • 739 posts
  • Interests:Sim-Racing..GPL, Firearms, Reloading, Military History, My Wiener Dog

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

I would welcome shorter race distances with longer races thrown in on occasion. As far as the mods go I'm up for whatever the majority decides. I think in-  race refueling is a personal choice, I've done it along with about everyone else. Shift-r's? In the current format I'm for it. If we went to a multiple heat race format then pro damage would be cool.
Peace
RJ

#28 Hondaman

Hondaman

• Validating
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

View PostRobert John, on 29 April 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

I would welcome shorter race distances with longer races thrown in on occasion

Good idea! For example, A race on fast tracks like Monza, Spa, LeMans, etc., i.e. track with a long easy stretch so you can drink and relax, could last 60 min. and races on shorter and twistier tracks that requires you to be focused 100% of the time, could be shorter, like 40-45 min.

I like that.
Richard

Posted Image

#29 JMF

JMF

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

My favorite cars are the 67 F1, 71 Can Am, 67 GT, and 69X's. I hope there will be at least one historically accurate race in each mod such as last season's GT's at Lemans, Can Am at Mosport, and 69 F1's at Zandvoort.

I like the intermediate damage plus stop and go. You can keep driving but you're definitely punished for having to reset. I wouldn't care if refueling was banned though. That would make resets even less appealing. I started doing it because I didn't want to end up with a full tank 2/3's through the race and later I realized I probably need to refuel to have any chance of getting close to Urban.
Greg Taber

#30 jonnyo

jonnyo

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:52 AM

I used the shift r in racing, I made confusion with other leagues.Sorry.
I prefer PRO mode, so it is impossible to prescribe the car.
I use in my league "clandestines Trophy" PRO mode with grid of 20 in 20 meters between cars distance.
it Works very well.

** I wanted to apologize to Doni, I messed up with another league where after the race everyone plays in beating the cars.
I'm really sorry, Doni.
Posted Image

Sim Racing Links